Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trip to Utah

Well, technically we went to Idaho, too, but I didn't pull my camera out until the second leg of our trip. I'm horrible! We had a great time with my family, despite it raining every day for the 3rd year in a row. It's become kind of a joke.

The girls and I (Steve stayed in Reno and worked. Bummer.) made it down to Utah for a few days before heading back to Reno.

2011-06-11 15.16.17

We spent a lot of quality time together. Ivy gave Carter some yoga lessons.


IMG_5987

We tried to get a shot of the girls before church.


IMG_5993

Anyone with a 1-year-old knows how hard it is to get them to stay in one place when they finally start walking and have more freedom.


IMG_5995

Lydia had things to attend to.


IMG_5997

Appointments to keep.


IMG_5998

No time for cousin pics.


IMG_5999

Fortunately, posing for pictures is one of the few things I can get both of my girls to do simultaneously.

Ah-ha! Great-Grandmas are really smart. We finally got all three of them in one picture. All smiling, too!


IMG_6016

A-a-a-nd, one of us. Minus Dad.

IMG_6037

Off to church!


IMG_6044

After church, Uncle Devin reads to Lydia and Sophie.


IMG_6047

Nice, Soph.


IMG_6051

Sophie is sitting on the bed that my sister used to sleep on when we would visit as kids. My bed was on the other side of the room. I think they'll always be there!

IMG_6130

Dad missed us while we were gone. Luckily we made it back by Father's Day!

I just remembered that I said something about an interview with Sophie. I'll have to pull that out and post it. 

Honestly, I forgot about it... this past month has been crazy. Did I tell you I catered a wedding open house 3 days before we left for our trip? It was fun, but seriously, what was I thinking? Then we had house guests the day after we came home (glad you came Beadles!), and two days after that I taught a pizza making class to some girls in our ward. Sundays are never a day of rest anymore, either. I kind of crashed on Monday and all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and eat cookies.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh, you're girls are so cute. And I have that shirt that you have on. Except that it doesn't come close to fitting me right now. Ha!