Friday, December 01, 2006

O Tannenbaum

So, last year immediately after Christmas, Steve and I went looking for a cheap, pre-lit tree. My mom has a white one that she puts different colored ornaments on every year, and I've fallen in love with it. I decided I really wanted a white one and talked Steve into it. We went to Target, found the ONLY one they had left, and got it for like, 75% off. Sweet deal. I went home, put it in the closet and anxiously waited to put it out. In the meantime, I picked out decorations for it and got even antsier to put it up.

About a month ago, Steve and I were talking about where we were going to put the tree:

Steve: "How big was it again?"

Me: "I don't remember, lemme look." [looks in the closet at the measurements on the box] "Whoa, it's 7.5 feet tall. I don't remember it being that big."

Steve: "How wide is it?"

Me: "AHH! Five feet in diameter!"

Steve: "There's no way that's going to fit."

Me: [whimpers] "Yes it will. I got stuff to put on it. We're putting it up."

So the night before we left for Mississippi, I dragged it out of the closet myself, put it together myself, and decorated it . . . myself. And voila! Barely enough room to get into the kitchen, and inches away from touching the ceiling, but it's UP!



Still searching for a skirt. And presents. If anyone knows what Steve wants for Christmas, please let the rest of the family know!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love it. And I love that you put it all up yourself. =) It looks like it fits to me. I'll have to come visit and see for real.