Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ivy-isms


Little Ivy's started talking. Here are a few of my favorite things she says right now . . .

Ivy: AH-yah
Sophie: DOH-dee or OPH (Soph)

Granola: DOO-wah
Sliced almonds: DOO-wah nut (the nuts I put in granola)
Whole almonds: AH-mah

"in there": IN-NAIR
bum: bow (rhymes with how)
What she says when I put her diaper back on her after changing: "BOW. IN-NAIR!"

back-pack: BOCK-BOCK
I thought she was saying chicken sounds until she climbed on my back one day and said, "BOCK-BOCK! Daddy BOCK-BOCK!" Steve's back-pack usually sits by the front door.

Mine: "yooze" (yours. . . she's still figuring out first person)
Whenever she's looking for something of hers, she wanders around the house saying, "yooze. . . yooze . . . yooze," until she finds it. Tonight she said, "yooze buh-buh." (Your [my] baby)


A little guide for the clip:

May (beginning): Ivy, pre-verbal, doing a few signs. A little explanation is needed for why she puts her hand under her chin and pushes her head back. For the longest time she wouldn't ever say "yes" or even nod her head. She would just go, "mm," for yes. One day I was showing her how to nod her head and I put one hand on her head and one hand under her chin to move her head up and down. Then she started pushing her chin up for when she said "yes". Then she got "yes" and "please" (rubbing the palm of her hand over her chest) mixed up, so she did it for both.

June (1:00): Another rendition of "Sunbeam" + Ivy's obsession with her belly button.

July (3:00): Ivy spinning around getting dizzy, Sophie running circles in the yard (we need more space, I think)

August (4:45): After talking about "DOO-wah" (granola) forever, I switch on the camera and ask her what's in her bowl. She says, "cheese." Typical. She finally does talk about granola and makes some funny faces. And you can see my poor green tomatoes on the kitchen table. Notice that the kids are still wearing fleece pajamas in August. I don't think it's gotten above 70 in the last 3 weeks. Kind of creepy, but I'm not complaining. I'd rather have 65 in August than 95 with no AC.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

She's a doll. That first picture of her is so sweet.

Becka Beacham said...

What a little cutie! I can't believe how light her hair color is.

Natasha Wade said...

I miss your little girls so much!!! Ivy is growing up so fast. Stetson misses his little friends.