Saturday, July 17, 2010

Accessorized

Earrings have become wildly popular around here. I've always worn earrings, but since cutting my hair, I feel I need to wear big dangles to. . . um. . . (how do I say this tactfully?) prevent people from thinking I'm of a certain orientation. It's common here, so ya . . .

Anyway.

I've gotten the earring bug again and pulled out my supplies and started making a few pair for fun. (No shop reopening, though.) I let Sophie pick out some beads one day, and I made a couple pair of earrings for her. Did you know you can wear french hooks without pierced ears? It's easy. Just hang them on the top of your ears and viola!

10.07.15-23

10.07.15-29
Ivy's model face.

10.07.15-32

Hats have also been making their appearance. Ivy insisted on wearing her hat while she ate lunch one day.

07 - July2
(In the bottom left photo she's saying, "cheese".)

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love it!! I've basically given up jewelry since I started having kids. They just liked to pull too much, and I wasn't patient enough to teach them differently.

My kids do love sunglasses and hats, though. And shoes.

Sarah Junsay said...

Don't be scared to say it....lesbian! I don't want people to think I'm one either...hence me always wearing dangles too!!! Plus with short hair, the earrings are so much more noticeable! You're funny Nat!

Jodi said...

I usually just wear little pearl studs and Ryan even tries to pull them off! I need to wear a little bit of dangly stuff now and then!

Unknown said...

Haha, I've been hit on by lesbians before. I was flattered... but it was also very awkward. :D

Love how you put the earrings over their ears... I should try that with my girls who have been begging to wear earrings forEVER! Such cute earrings!

Kathryn said...

I love dangles! And even though my hair isn't as short as yours, I still want to wear them more for some reason.

I love the new look of your food blog, btw! :)

Jessica said...

Both your blogs do look so nice, I like the updates.

Don't you love how girly girls are? I was never so girly growing up but I love feminine little girls.

Unknown said...

you are in san fran, aren't you? although the first time i was hit on was in Alaska....get the dangly earrings, though! so, cute on all the girls wearing them:)

Jessie Jo said...

I prefer to call it an alternative lifestyle haircut. Hope all is well! Miss you!