Friday, March 30, 2007

Unfulfilled Craving

Have you ever craved something that was either really hard to get or possibly doesn't exist anymore? About a month ago, I was in the cookie aisle of the grocery store. (An aisle I usually skip, but hey, I couldn't resist this time.) I was glancing around at everything and suddenly remembered a kind of cookie my mom used to buy when we were younger. I don't remember what they were called or what brand, but they came in a purple package (I think). They were chocolate sandwich cookies with chocolate filling. The cookie part wasn't an intense chocolate like Oreos (ick), but more milk chocolately. The filling was so good. Not like the "Crisco" Oreo filling (can you tell I don't like Oreos?), but more creamy like chocolate frosting -- what I imagine the clouds in heaven will taste like. They had a swirly design on them, too.

Since I was reminded of them, I have looked for them in every grocery store I've been in, but have had no luck. I'm afraid they may be extinct. I wish I could find a picture, but Google couldn't even help me with this one. Does anyone know what cookies I'm talking about?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read an article in yesterday's Wall Street Journal about the Hydrox, a cookie similar to the Oreo that was quietly discontinued in 2003. Could this be what you were thinking of? (Sorry, I couldn't help but remember your old blog post as I read the article!)

I e-mailed you a link to the WSJ article.