Monday, June 11, 2007

First Trip to Church

We finally caved in and got an infant carrier/car seat. We deliberated before Sophie was born about getting one (specifically the carrier/stroller combo) because she would out grow the car seat in a year and we'd heard from others that those strollers are really bulky and that we'd end up using a lighter-weight umbrella stroller anyway. To avoid buying two car seats and two strollers, we just got a 3-in-1 car seat and will start using a stroller when she can hold her head up. But since we've started taking her more places, it's really inconvenient to have to hold her and she gets sick of the body carrier if I stop walking. Not ideal for going out to eat, either. I had to put a napkin on her head to keep stuff from slopping on her. And going to church would have been a hassle, too. So, on Saturday we went and got the carrier by itself and figured that we'd get enough use out of the other car seat to make it worth it.

Sophie did really well at church. She slept through the first two meetings but then I had to feed her during the third, so I missed almost all of it. That's another plus about these things -- I don't have to take her out of the seat and wake her up when we arrive at places. It's nice.

6 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

We have a baby carrier very similar to yours, and Bentley only likes it when I am walking. The carrier/stroller is nice, but the carrying part is a struggle some days. It is heavy, but it probably doesn't help that the kid weighs 15 or 16 lbs! Sophie keeps getting cuter and cuter!!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable..

Miss you..
Shea

Anonymous said...

That Graco one must be really popular. It looks to be the same one Lorraine and Chelsea have.

Brynn said...

Hooray for carriers! We used ours until we came out here to Utah (because he'll be too big for it by the time we have to drive back to Michigan). We figured, like you said, it'd be much easier to have the carrier so he could sleep instead of having to be woken up every time you go anywhere. Makes shopping easy too. And, you also figure that we'll be having more kids, so it's not like either of them are not going to be used very much. They'll both be used often! (And actually, we didn't bring out the stroller that went with the carrier and I miss it! We borrowed my mom's umbrella stroller and it doesn't move nearly as well as my other one. The seat also doesn't lie down so when we go for long walks, I can't just lie him down and let him sleep.)

Chelsea said...

She does keep getting cuter! I love the fabric on the carrier, nice choice.

Cassia said...

I loved our carrier, too. My children didn't allow me very long with it, though (I think they both grew out of it at about 7-8 months). No problem with the weight--they're just too tall. :) I was kind of shocked with Jonathan when I realized that there was a length limit and he'd passed it a month or two before! :) But they are DEFINITELY very useful! :)