Friday, June 15, 2007

Milestones

First of all, Happy Birthday Sophie! She's one month today, and I can hardly believe it. It went by so fast. (Probably because things went a lot better than I thought they would. Thanks again to Steve for passing on his temperament to the little squirt.)

Also, I've joined the ranks of the Target mid-day mom shoppers. A year ago, I would run a work errand at Target during business hours and notice that 99.9% of the shoppers at that time were moms with their kids. I thought to myself, "Oh, how quaint," and looked forward to the day where I could leisurely wander through Target at 12:30 PM without a deadline to meet or a load of work to dive into.

Yesterday I made a trip up to American Fork to have lunch with my work buddies and afterwards Sophie was still asleep, so I thought I would sneak in a quick trip to Target. I loaded her carrier up on the cart and off I went. As I wandered through the aisles, I realized that I was no longer a working girl just running a quick errand, but a mom running an errand. And I also realized that there are no such thing as "quick" errands anymore and that, although I don't have deadlines to meet, I still have the somewhat predictable "feed me" time limits that I have to adhere to. Luckily I made it off the freeway in Provo just as Sophie began to wake up and realize she was hungry.

4 comments:

Cassia said...

Welcome to the club! Enjoy it now. :) "Shopping" was actually quite nice when Jonathan was little--it got us both out of the house and he was usually quite content to sit in the cart and look around. Now that he's older and wants to be mobile, it's a little harder. :) But, even now, sometimes it's still a nice diversion. Oh, the things you learn as a mother. :)

Cassia said...

By the way, I LOVE your last two sentences! :)

Brynn said...

Hooray for babies getting daddy's temperament...I just know baby#2 is going to be a wacko like me...

Dave & Chels said...

I know what you mean about the "time requirements" - I only have about a two hour window of errand shopping before Bentley has his "cracking time", as I like to call it. I can't believe she is already a month old!