Friday, February 05, 2010

According to Sophie

10.02.03-134

I didn't think I would get this look for at least another 10 years. She's getting quite an attitude. But she also makes me laugh a lot. It seems the harder they are to handle, the better the good times get. (And the more entertaining they become.)

I've been keeping a running list of funny things Sophie says for the past couple of months, and I'm sure this won't end for a while, so here's the first installment.

Sophie: "Ivy's a rhino."
Me: "Why?"
Sophie: "Ivy has a shoe on her hand. Means -- leave her alone. She's a rhino. She's crawling."

* * * * * * * * *

"It's dark outside! Time to have breakfast!" (At 6:30 PM. She's an early riser, so it's often dark when we eat breakfast. Ugh.)

* * * * * * * * *

"Don't make Sophie sad!!"

* * * * * * * * *

(First prayer all by herself)

Thankful for this day.
Help us be reverent. (I think they say this at church a lot.)
Don't pull out the shoes. (From the basket by the front door. She used to always get into those.)
Name Jesus Christ, Amen.

* * * * * * * * *

(I'm raising a little foodie.)

Sophie noticed a small bowl of feta cheese sitting on the counter while I was making dinner. She asked for some. I gave her a bite and she says, "It's goat cheese!"

"Actually, it's feta," I corrected her.

"No, it's goat cheese."

* * * * * * * * *

She comes over to me with a toy cell phone that's a flip phone. She opens it up and says, "Mommy! I made you waffles!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha, this cracked me up. She's so cute!!

And the attitude... yeah, I never expect to get it.. of my kids, Annelie is the worst - and she only just turned three! So unfair. I'd hoped she'd at least be 13 before giving me attitude, but nope!

McKell said...

so funny :)

Jessica said...

That's such a good way to explain that. About how the harder they get, the funner the good times get. On the dot.