Sunday, February 28, 2010

Things that Make Me Happy

I haven't posted anything for over a week. I could blame that on the cold that's gripped my sinuses and won't let go. Or maybe I'm a little burned out from blogging. (And I'm anticipating an anxious call from my grandparents wondering when I'll post something next. Sorry guys. . .)

Nah, it's probably the cold, which makes me lazy, which keeps me from blogging. Ya, that's it.

Here are a few things that make me happy lately. . .

Sophie and Ivy love books and love reading together. I love peeking into the living room while I'm making dinner and seeing them like this. It may be the only 5 minutes during the day that someone isn't crying or whining, so I'll take it and be happy. At least they like to read, eh?

10.02.26-70


A friend of mine gave me this. Every time I look at it it makes me smile. . . and crave bacon. Thanks Kathryn! :)


And no, the newness of my new little toy hasn't worn off yet. People still ask me if I got a new camera -- probably because I wasn't too direct about announcing it. So here's an obligatory "take a picture of myself in a mirror because I have a fancy camera" shot that everyone seems to have.

10.02.17-8

To answer some questions, it's a Canon 30D. I got it off craigslist (body only) for a 1/3 of what it costs new. And I got a new 50mm 1.8 lens to go with it -- mostly for close up/low-light shots. Perfect for things that sit quietly. Like food. And occasionally my children.

I like this shot, actually. The only parts of me that are clearly visible are also the most slender parts of me. And that camera does a good job of hiding the bags under my eyes. . .

. . . which will soon be gone because Miss Ivy has begun to sleep through the night. We're working on weaning, but I haven't nursed her at night for about a week.

10.01.12-57
I love Sophie's drunk/falling asleep face.

How could I leave this handsome guy out? He's been really patient with my crabby self lately, and he's to thank for the seven consecutive hours of sleep I've been getting almost every night. (I need to go to bed earlier.) He got up with Ivy a few nights in a row, and kept trying despite Ivy's best efforts to duck from his grasp and holler for mama.

And I have complete faith that he'll find the remote control to the DVD player so we can watch Chuck on TV instead of on my computer.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Losing the remote is the worst thing to Brett. It always makes me laugh inside a little.
Congrats on the camera. Your pictures have always looked great but I thought they were different lately. They make such a big difference, huh?

Kathryn said...

I'm so glad you love your bacon artwork! (BTW, my breakfast yesterday consisted only of your bacon muffins. Yum! I didn't share, either!)

As for lost remotes... my family used to suffer from that problem. Until my dad got so fed up he literally chained the remote to the TV cabinet with a piece of twine. It makes me laugh when I remember him sitting on the couch pointing the remote at the TV with a long string going across the room. LOL!

Suzanne said...

Chain the remote to the TV - genius! The kids know the wrath of daddy if they misplace the remote. Kathryn's dad must have been kinder.

Bacon bacon bacon - I learn so much from your blog. Enlightening!

Cassia said...

Yay for the return of night time sleep! There's something special about having 5+ hours uninterrupted... :)