Sunday, May 13, 2007

No Surprises Here

In response to:
Brynn said...

DOES THE FACT THAT YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A COUPLE OF DAYS MEAN YOU ARE A MOM IN TIME FOR MOTHER'S DAY?!!!! I can't hardly wait to find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say the answer is a big, fat, frustrating "NOT YET".

I called my mom this morning. Everytime I've called there for the past two weeks, everyone holds their breath until they find out that I'm not calling to announce their first grandchild, but for some other, uneventful reason. Like asking my dad to mail something down to us. This morning was no exception. My mom answered the phone and I said, "Happy Mother's Day! That's all." She laughed. But there was no hiding the feelings of disappointment we both had. I'm almost more excited to be able to tell my mom she's finally a grandma (as well as my mother-in-law) than I am to have the baby. Ha. I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I might know more then.

Anyways, even though I'm not technically a mother yet (but might as well be), Mother's Day has been nice. Steve got me some stargazer lilies and pink tulips (pics to follow, as soon as they all open) and made me pancakes this morning for breakfast. I've decided over and over that he's a keeper. :)

3 comments:

Brynn said...

SO SORRY! Ok, I"ll just patiently wait...:)

Chelsea said...

Congrats to the new mommy! What did you end up naming her?

Brynn said...

I'm still being patient...but it is Wednesday now, and I'm still waiting....