Ten Years Ago
I was 17 and almost graduated from high school. I even pulled out my journal to find out exactly what was going on because, honestly, I had no idea. I found an entry from April 4, 1998. Apparently I had just gone to a high school musical ("Once Upon a Mattress", which I don't have the faintest recollection of) with my friend Shea. I'd found out that I'd gotten a $1000 scholarship to Ricks College and a bunch of my friends and I had already set up housing in Rexburg. (Yes, that was when it was still called Ricks.) I'd been looking for a job and hadn't found one yet. And I was getting ready to go to Seattle for a journalism conference the following week.
Five Things on the To-Do List
1. Go go Costco and get a commercial-sized tub of Crisco (Gross, I know, but I'm in a cake decorating class and we'll need to bring a cake and a big bowl of frosting every week.)
2. Wash Sophie's bibs
3. Get my sewing machine fixed4. Finish decorating Sophie's room
Three Bad Habits
1. Spending too much time online
2. Biting the inside of my cheek/lips
3. Not taking very good care of my fingernails or toenails
Places I've LivedIdaho Falls and Rexburg, ID
Logan and Provo, UT
Graz and Vienna, Austria
San Leandro, CA
What I would do if I Suddenly Became a Millionaire1. Finish putting Steve through school and set up his practice when he gets done
2. Go to all the places I've always wanted to go with Steve (The list is pretty long.)
3. Invest whatever's left after I buy a house (with a custom kitchen), a car, a new wardrobe and buy Steve this hypoallergenic cat he's always wanted. It'll stay outside, though.
Five Things you Probably Don't Know About MeThis is going to be hard because I'm a pretty open person and tell everyone just about everything about me...
1. I'm a very self-conscious person. Especially about my weight. It drives me crazy that I'm not the size I was when Steve was deployed, which is about 25 lbs lighter.
2. Before Steve and I started dating, I made a big list of what I wanted in a husband. I even included superficial things like height, hair, and eye color. Steve matches about 95% of my list.
3. When I eat a bag of M&M's or Skittles, I separate them into colors first. Then I form columns, in rainbow order, and eat some until all the columns are even. Then I eat one of each color until they're gone.
4. It may not look like it, but my kitchen is very organized. I put the same things back in the same places every time. And I always keep my measuring cups nestled together.
5. I've kept a journal since I was 8, and I've never gone longer than 3-4 months without writing.