Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tutu for Next Year

I've been itching to put a tutu on Sophie for months and thought Halloween was a good excuse to dress her up in one. I googled for a while until I found some instructions on how to make one -- without using my sewing machine. It was brilliant! I picked up some pink and black tulle from the fabric shop this week and put it together in under and hour.

Um, Sophie wasn't as enthusiastic as I'd hoped she'd be. (This was the first time she'd seen it and the first time I tried to put it on her.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! That was so funny. I think you need to enter that in to America's Funniest Home Videos. I am very impressed you made that tutu. Sophie looks very cute!

Marsh Mayhem said...

What a darling girl! You're ambitious ... I'm with you, though ... I can't wait to put Clara in a tutu. But I'll have to wait, darn!

Adam Forgie said...

That was too funny. She crying, stops for a second to hear your reassuring comments of "it's pretty!", thinks about and decides, yeah mom, I still don't like this.
The tutu looks so cute I hope she comes around for Halloween!

Leora said...

I made Claire a tutu a few weeks ago! So easy!

Sophie looks adorable in hers!