Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Appointments, Errands, and Culinary Bombs

I sent Steve to take the baby to her appointment this morning. We had a late night last night, and because I usually sleep as long as Sophie does in the morning, we stayed in bed until 9:45. By the time I fed and changed her, it was time to go to the appointment and I was still a woolly mess. I also didn't want to go because she was getting more shots. I hate being there for that.

Steve came back a while later to report Sophie's stats. She's grown 3 inches and gained about 2 1/2 lbs. That puts her in the 35th percentile for weight and the 92nd percentile for height. Wow. Two months ago she was in the 60th for height. I guess she's still a tall, skinny thing.

After they got back, I jumped in the car to go get some bubble wrap, packing tape and rent some furniture blankets from U-Haul. Here's a good lesson for you: NEVER buy packing tape at the grocery store. I bought a roll at Macey's the other day for about $7. I thought that was a little high, but I didn't feel like going to another store. I found a 6-pack today at a paper/shipping/packing place (Xpedex if you live in Provo. It's great.) for $4.80.

Oh, by the way, I made another GROF last night, but it turned out kinda weird. I think I was a little overconfident after the last one and I thought, for some reason, eggplant and apples might work together in a pasta dish. (I promise I'm not pregnant.) It wasn't bad, actually. But I didn't think it was blog-worthy.

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Are you guys wanting to stay in California when he's done with school?

Natalie said...

I think Steve could be happy in California, but he might be happy almost anywhere. I, on the other hand, do NOT want to live in California forever. The older I get the more I'd like to stay closer to my family. Not necessarily in Idaho, but... i guess we'll see. :)

Matt and Lisa Gee said...

Steve and Nat!

Sophie is so cute! I don't think we've seen her since the first day you brought her to church. She's absolutely adorable and you two are way cute parents. If I view your blog too often I might start wanting one myself, so I'm going to keep my distance. :) Matt and I are really enjoying Washington DC, but miss the good times and great oldies had by all back in good ol' Provo Peak 3rd. We wish you the best in your new location, and if we're ever out in the Bay area we will have to get together! (My grandpa lives in Walnut Creek).

Love,

Lisa and Matt Gee