Tuesday, September 04, 2007

New Tricks Tuesdays

It seems like every week, around Tuesday, Sophie does something new--or at least a little different. Today I had her sitting on my lap and she kept pulling herself forward like she wanted to get up. I stood her on her feet and started smiling and talking to her. Her eyes were on my mouth and as I smiled at her, she started giggling. A real giggle. She's shrieked, squealed and made every other variation of a laugh, but today was the real thing. When she did it, it made me laugh, which, in turn, made her laugh again. We laughed at each other for a minute and then she started staring at something she wanted to grab. Then it was over. It all happened so quickly, I couldn't get a picture or a clip.

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! We went to Colorado with my family for my brother's wedding reception. More updates will come about that, as well as pictures. (Which I need to get from my dad because, of course, I didn't take any!) Plus a really cute clip of Sophie trying desperately to clear a small, glass bowl of the tootsie rolls inside. I've never seen her concentrate so hard on doing something before.

No comments: