Monday, April 05, 2010

More Sophie-isms or Documenting Facebook Statuses

10.03.08-63

There are a lot of things that Sophie says that I just slap up on Facebook and fail to document anywhere else. Here are a few of the ones I haven't posted here.

I posted this photo of her a week or two ago with the comment that if I look at it long enough, it might convince me not to sell her on eBay. I think we're past that (most days), and with the enormous amount of encouragement and guidance we received this past weekend during General Conference, I think we'll make it. She's a sweet girl. She's also very emotional, and very strong-willed. That will come in handy later in life, I think. At least it did for me. :)

Anyway . . . I'm glad she says stuff like this. It snaps me out of any frustration I feel and it reminds me how silly and fun she can be.
*****

If we're reading a book together and I take longer than 3 seconds to start reading, she'll say, "Mommy, start your mouth!"
*****

During our nightly struggle to get Sophie to sit on the potty before she gets in the tub, she goes, "I'll stay dry in the tub!!!!" (That would be a good trick.)


*****

Sophie said (while pointing to a mermaid in a book), "They have pony tails on their backs!"


*****

Sophie's taken it upon herself to potty train Ivy. She took Ivy's pants and diaper off, sat her on the potty and gave her some encouraging words. . .

"Want to sit on the potty little one?"
"Hold your dress up"
"Gonna go poos? Hmm??"
"There you go, good girl!"
"Want me to watch? OK, I'll watch.",... "All done?"
"Now Sophie's going to sit on the potty, K?"

(I think I'm off the hook this time.
)

4 comments:

Kell said...

oh my, i love the potty training ivy remarks :)

Alyssa S. said...

Seriously, as they get older, they just give you more and more material to share :) Amelia comes up with some classic one liners and I constantly find myself posting them on Facebook or blogging about them because they are too classic not to share!

Shea said...

She is such a girl, Nat. I love hearing her Sophie-isms..

Unknown said...

Aw, so glad you recorded those. So cute and funny!! And sell on eBay... I know exactly how you feel!!