Wednesday, April 14, 2010

No Milk

10.03.08-71

We've had a rough week. Monday was probably the worst, and Sophie's temperament most likely was due to a few late nights in a row coupled with no nap on Sunday with a sprinkle of never- sleeping-past-7:30AM-no-matter-what on top. She also spilled an entire tube of red glitter on the table and got a vitamin stuck up her nose. But those things seemed pretty uneventful in comparison.

Again, I'm thankful for her keen observations and commentary on life (and conversations like this) to make me smile amidst the hair-pulling. (My own.)

As I was getting dressed one morning . . .

Sophie: (pointing at my "girls") Any milk in those?

Me: Nope, not anymore.

Sophie: Did Ivy drink it all?

Me: Yep, she did.

Sophie: So there's no more left?

Me: Nope.

Sophie: Until the new baby comes, huh.

Me: Ya, sometime.

Sophie: But not today.

Me: No, not today.

Thinking: Not for a V-E-R-Y long time.

P.S. I'm not pregnant.
P.P.S. I really miss those girls.

13 comments:

Heather said...

Ha, ha! Love it! We are so on the same page with that stuff! Hallie says similar things and I just laugh!

Alyssa S. said...

It's kind of funny how they never forget the milk thing. Merrick hasn't nursed in over a year and a half, which means that's the last time Amelia saw him getting any milk and out of the blue the other day she points at my chest and says "there used to be milk in there, right Momma?" and then "Merrick used to drink it". I'm just glad he isn't still looking for the milk...well except in the fridge!

Dave & Chels said...

I miss my "girls", too. I only have a bust of any kind at the peak of nursing. (Which, sadly, is also at the peak of engorgement.) So sad. Is that too much info? I'm sure you were dying to know!

Cassia said...

Your "P.S." made me laugh, too. So funny, and yet appropriate, that you'd have to mention that (because if you didn't at least half your readers would be wondering...). :)

James and Monica said...

HAHAHAHA!! Love it!!

Natalie said...

Chels... I totally understand. I'm in the same boat. :)

Kell said...

She is funny!

Manda said...

Haha. You both make me laugh. I'm glad there's someone else in my shoes. I miss mine as soon as my baby is about 6 weeks.....
Shucks.

Chelsea said...

oh my gosh, that's wonderful!

Jessica said...

So hilarious. Nursing brings out some many interesting conversations! I'm glad they're getting better for your sake.

Unknown said...

Oh man, SO funny!! And hahaha, vitamin up her nose! Love it.

jana beck said...

Hahaha. I read your last line and thought your meant your daughters. Why does she miss them? I just got it! Haha.

Steve Perry said...

I knew she was up to no good when she took the vitamin from the table and quietly went upstairs...