Friday, October 26, 2007

My Adoption Agency

This morning I received feedback from a lady I sold a bracelet (and a pair of earrings) to a few weeks ago. She bought it for her daughter, who she said loves it and has worn it almost daily since she received it. It makes me really happy to know that someone loves something I made!

When I made a pair of earrings or a bracelet, I don't just throw things together and think, "Hopefully SOMEONE will like this." I put a lot of thought into it, and if I don't like the end result, I take it apart and keep working on it until I'm satisfied with it. Everything in my shop is something I would wear personally. Consequently it makes sales a little bittersweet. On one hand I'm glad that I made a few bucks to put toward buying more supplies, but on the other hand it's sad to see my "babies", who I grew attached to, get sent off in the mail somewhere.

That's why I love getting comments back saying how much a piece is loved. I feel better knowing it was sent to a good home. :)

1 comment:

Dave & Chels said...

I, for one, LOVE the shell and pearl earrings you made for me! The shell ones go with everything, and I always find an excuse to wear the pearl ones!