Friday, February 15, 2008

V-Day Report Part I: The Love

I noticed a trend yesterday of love poems and proclamations of affection on blog posts. I am not a poet, and I would have a hard time expressing my love for Steve in an entire blog post without an overwhelming sense of sappiness.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with blogging about how much you love someone. It's nice to know that people love each other. I just don't deal with sap very well. (Unless it's from Steve, aimed at me, and not in front of anyone.) So in case you think I'm heartless, or there's any question in your mind, know that I do love Steve. Very much.

Anyway, here are some highlights from our day yesterday:

Opening packages from the Grandma's.


Making a complete mess of herself because Mom forgot to put a bib on her.


Ready for bed in her Valentine's jammies. Not sure about the hat, though. (BTW, doesn't this picture make me look super skinny? I'm not that skinny in real life, I promise.)


That hat lasted about 4 seconds longer than I thought it would.


This is a clip of Sophie having a few licks of a sucker. She was more interested in the gold sticker at the bottom of the stick than the onslaught of sugar to her mouth. Can this really be my child?

No comments: