Sunday, January 27, 2008

Farewell President Hinckley



Most of you know by now that our dear President Hinckley has passed away. It's only been a few hours since he passed, but there are already blogs posted, newspaper articles written, and phone calls and text messages spreading the news. As sad as it is to see him go, it makes me so happy to think that he's finally reunited with his wife after spending the last few years without her.

The first time I saw President Hinckley in person was also the first time I'd ever seen any prophet in person. I was attending Ricks College and had volunteered to be an usher during a special devotional President Hinckley spoke at. I can't describe the feelings I had when I saw him walk into the room. The Spirit was tangible. My heart started swelling and tears came to my eyes. There was no doubt in my mind that he was a Prophet of God.

I love that he was always optimistic and happy. Even when his health wasn't so good, he was able to put on a cheerful face when he spoke to the Church. We needed a strong, optimistic Prophet and he was just that. He touched millions of lives through his love and service to the Church and to the Lord. He will definitely be missed.

No comments: