Thursday, January 31, 2008

Adjustments and Attachments

This may come as a surprise to most of you, but I had my very first chiropractic adjustment today. You may remember how I confessed that I was afraid of chiropractors. Well, I decided that just wouldn't do. I'd be an embarrassment to Steve, not to mention the laughing stock of my street aka "chiropractor row".

I was in a car accident last month, and after a month of postponing an appointment (while mentally psyching myself up to it), I figured now was a good time to overcome my fear.

Steve thought a NUCCA chiropractor would be good because their adjustments are more gentle than regular ones. I found a female NUCCA chiropractor in Oakland and had some x-rays done last week. I went in this morning for my first adjustment. She had me lie on my side on the table and as she positioned her hands on my neck, I thought to myself,

"Lord, let me be calm and please keep me from wincing, screaming, thrashing, and/or crying."

After a second or two she took her hands off me.

"Was that it?" I asked.

"Yep, that's it. I just have to do it seven or eight more times."

There were no sudden movements or jerks or anything. Just constant, gentle pressure. Wow. I'd go to a chiropractor everyday if it felt like that. My neck feels looser now, but I still have a few adjustments left before I'm straightened out.

On a completely unrelated note, I sold this necklace a few minutes ago:



I LOVE this necklace. I got it at the very first estate sale I went to. It's from the 30s, and I've been tempted to keep it for myself since I put it in my store. I was planning on keeping it if I hadn't sold it by Valentine's Day.

Well, it didn't make it. I love it when I sell things, but there were a few pieces that I really hated to part with. This is probably the hardest one so far.

No comments: